Thursday, July 5, 2012

Just An American And Celebrating That Fact Today...

Washington Crossing the Delaware by Emmanuel Leutze
Without getting into the historical aspects of this painting, which y'all probably know has more about it that is incorrect than correct, for instance, river icebergs, crossing in the daylight, wrong flag, and too small a boat...etc, etc, I just want to maybe use it as visual celebration of all that is so good about America.

I can be a pretty cynical and embittered son of a bitch after my sixty plus years on earth, but today I just want to be, I don't know, "patriotic!" Maybe, it has to do with my recent trip to the New England states, rich with all that incredible history that has me feeling this way. Somehow, it seems to be a real big thing there. Maybe, it is because the citizens have to hibernate until almost late May that makes July 4th  so important to the eastern shore. In Louisiana, Bastille Day, at least, in the southern part of the state, seems somehow more important to the populace. I don't know if I can get the same goosebumps on that  day than I get on July 4th.

Today, call me the naivete. Life, in my humble opinion, isn't black or white! Screw Romney, screw Obama Care, screw, Dey-do-run Ron Paul, to hell with politicing, corporate greed, pedophilia, homophobia, isolationistic baloney, economic armageddon, and all that hell in a hand basket crap. I'm not a republican, not a democrat, not an independent, hate being prejudged and pigeon holed and denigrated by friends and relatives for "sittin' on a fence" and not picking a side.
I guess that's what artists do... I guess.

If you must, "Bother me tomorrow, today, I 'll buy no sorrow... Doit-do-do, Lookin' Out My Back Door!"

Actually, I'm taking my mom and brother and family to a ball game and a late night fireworks show!

Happy Birthday, America... now, git outta here, you crazee!


Copyright 2012/Ben Bensen III

No comments:

Post a Comment