Saturday, July 6, 2013

"Why Would I Want To Do That, Ben?"

My Dad, "Buckles"...
Reminds me of a conversation my father once had with me. After retiring, my dad did a lot of things he couldn't do before and one of those things was acting and performing on stage. Over a period of time, he had some bit parts in national movies... like JFK and that Vampire movie with Tom Cruise,  "Interview with a Vampire"and a few others. He loved it. Eventually, some ad folks asked him to try out for commercials, mostly local stuff. He actually landed a few. One commercial was a Dixie Beer spot. 

( My dad was a tea toddler! ) 

Anyway, I told him that he was a star and that I knew someone who could get him in the Screen Actors' Guild, which could get him some real work in Hollywood. His retort was...

"Why would I want to do that? Then, it'd be more like work! I'm just having fun!"




Copyright 2013/Ben Bensen III

No comments:

Post a Comment