Tuesday, September 19, 2017

"Sketching A Fallen Bird"...

I believe this is a swamp sparrow...
At least once or twice a year, a bird is found on the ground at the bottom of one of our windows which faces the west about fifteen or twenty feet from the bird feeder. Yesterday, my cocker spaniel found this migrating sparrow. We don't see any sparrows or finches that look quite like this little guy.

Whenever I have the opportunity to photograph and sometimes sketch the fallen bird, I do it. Jays, finches, cardinals, titmice and once, a sharp shinned hawk that apparently missed his target and hit the bathroom window. I spied some yellow and gray feathers around where the hawk fell, so I suspect one goldfinch was a lucky bird.

Anyway, I sketched this with admarkers and a razor point Sharpie.


Copyright 2017/ Ben Bensen III

No comments:

Post a Comment