Thursday, January 28, 2016

"Oh Yeh, I Forgot... I Did Say That, Didn't I?"


Two of my favorite birds...


Oh, I guess about ten years ago or so, Therese and I talked about having one of those hall trees, but we never could decide which ones would work for us and our foyer. We compromised by purchasing this small, but well made, little wall hanger with three hooks for each one of us to hang jackets, coats, blazers, or anything we didn't wanna hang up because we'd probably use it again hours later.
The next discussion, which took years, was where were we gonna hang this puppy. Because we couldn't agree on a placement, it was put away in my locker, and every winter, it bothered me being not used.
This year, I asked Therese why we weren't utilizing this "accoutrement" and she said,"Because you said you were gonna paint something in the slots on either side of the mirror!"
"Oh yeh, I forgot... I did say that, didn't I?" I replied.
Well winter is rapidly coming to a close and so I decided it was time to create something simple, but appropriate. So, this is what I came up with.
And this is how it all comes together... finally!


Now, all I have to do is put the rack up on the wall. Too bad we still disagree on where it should go... 

Copyright 2016/ Ben Bensen III

No comments:

Post a Comment