Monday, January 28, 2013

My Favorites Of 2012...

Which One Is Your Favorite?
When I started this blog over two years ago, I thought I could create a soup du jour type of sketchbook. I can't say I was sketching every day and many times the sketches I did create on a "daily" basis really were, at times, quite embarrassing. My unofficial sketch count for the year 2012 was one hundred-three whether on a receipt, an address book, a tissue pad, a tablecloth or an actual sketchbook. I'm not a mathematician, but that surely doesn't amount to a daily sketch in that year. I wanted to get this compilation on New Year's Day or a day or so later, but it was not to be... better late than not at all, I'd say!

I've always enjoyed writing about my art and the thoughts within. Some of my artists friends would ask why do I always add a headline or some copy to almost everything they think I shouldn't. Maybe, it is the adman in me or the storyteller, but in my psyche there is always a device to take one's eye to the spot where the logo should be or where a headline would be set...

I really don't know why.

If you've not been to my sketch blog, you might want to do so to read my thoughts along with the sketches. There's about two years full of posts to peruse and comment on. The url is: http://sketchiethoughts.blog.com

By the way, just in case you are curious, my favorite sketch-O-2012 is called, "Breakfastwitchu" and it is the little fat man with the fedora on in the top left corner of the picture.


Copyright 2013/Ben Bensen III

No comments:

Post a Comment