Friday, June 5, 2015

"I Guess You Can Take The Sofa From The Man, But..."

On the roster for over fifty years...

I am still working, as a storyboard artist, on a feature film project in St. Francisville, Louisiana. At
times, it can get pretty intense even though the deadlines are pretty much self determining between me, the cinematographer and the director. Thankfully, there's no drop dead deadlines, like there are in the advertising world, but until just yesterday, I didn't have any time to just sit and enjoy a ball game.

But, Vin, did it to me again. I guess you can take the sofa from the man, but not the man from the sofa. The airing of the Dodger vs Cardinal game was a victim of a rain delayed game that came before it. So, it wasn't until just before 11 pm when the Dodger game came on. I put down the sketch pad and pencil determined to sit on the couch to watch what was left of the Dodger game.

With "Vin on the Box" I never made it through the next inning. Just like being at home, I passed out till 2am to the sound of static on the TV. "Go Dodgerzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Must have rolled over on the remote...

Copyright 2015/ Ben Bensen III


No comments:

Post a Comment