Wednesday, November 11, 2015

In Louisiana Cooking, You Have To Have These Three Ingredients...




Some of about thirty pieces I will display...

Tearing up the studio, again. I haven't finished putting the commercial work away that I used for a gallery retrospect at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. Everyone, especially the students, seemed to be really into my presentation which was highlighted by videos of the Medal of Honor/ Pearl Harbor commercials that I storyboarded a few years back. But now...

I'm feeling the pressure to get on with the upcoming show this weekend, November 14th and 15th in Covington, Louisiana. It is a rather sleepy little town on the northshore of Lake Pontchartrain. The Covington Three Rivers Art Festival. is considered one of the largest shows in the Gulf South.

Of course, every festival says that!

My "Trinity Triptych." If you like to cook, you know what that is!
I need to work a bit more on my "Trinity" paintings. In Louisiana cooking, you have to have these three ingredients chopped... onions, bell pepper, and celery! For one set of the Trinity paintings, I'm asking two hundred a piece for the 5x5's and six hundred for the larger 12x12's.

Well, wish me luck... maybe, I will get a few folks from "Google+" to visit. I'm at booth #227 and on Sunday I am giving a paint demo and raffling off the piece at the end of the session.

See ya there!

Copyright 2015/Ben Bensen III























No comments:

Post a Comment