Thursday, June 20, 2024

"Piddily Pat!"

"Heartbeat, why do you skip when my baby kisses me?"

 Well, Good Saturday Morning, all bodies.

On Thursday, a cute, young nurse whose struggling with expectations of being a "baseball mom", pulled away the bandages and cleaned the area that now house my new timing device. We had fun sharing baseball stories with her.
One week earlier, I was also being entertained, at five in the morning, by another young nurse who was prepping me for my pacemaker. She was short, with long brown hair, intense eyes and a rather unique accent that Tee or I could not quite place, though she was a native of Louisiana.
It had a touch of Texas, I think!
Anyway, she's pulling away wrapping, wiping here and there with some alcohol solution, stripping away more plastic coverings to more pads, bandaids and such and depositing the many sterile debris in the first accessible place available...my crotch!
Intense in her endeavors, I try to ignore the loose fitting gown's depository that she keeps adding more stuff too.
"How many times a day do you have to go through this prepping routine," I ask.
Not missing a beat, she replies,"Oh, about ten times a day...You're the first this morning!"
"All before a "first cup"?
"Yes," she says, I have to be here early to prepare myself for the day!"
"Whoa" I said. I didn't have time for a cup either."
"Guess I'm not supposed to anyway!"
Then, her job completed, she grabs all the medical debris housed in that gown's depression and kinda stirs it all around with her hands attempting to grab it all in one fell swoop.
Oh, I thought, I think I'm in love! But, all too soon she is gone before I could express my real feelings.
Guess there was no time for "thank you's" as another nurse, probably the senior head nurse, arrived to stick some more needles in my arm.
She stuck around long enough for me to thank her!
When that nurse left, the younger one reappeared with a battery powered shaver. Thankfully, it automatically shuts off when the trigger is released and she gently places the device in you know where!
Therese and I had a few chuckles over those early morning scenarios.
"Babe, it's a good thing that I didn't have a first cup OR have time to apply my daily dose of testosterone, whew!"
Every now and then, I know it's kinda hard to tell, but I'm still alive and well...Second cup

Copyright 2024/Ben Bensen III







No comments:

Post a Comment