Monday, February 24, 2014

"Another Nixon Galloway Watercolor… Number Fifteen And Possibly The Best!"



Well, it has been a long time since I last posted any more of Nixon Galloway's watercolor art for United Airlines. It was my intention to post this painting as the last in the series, but I felt it was time to post another one especially since I've now have the time to do it. Unfortunately,  I'm not in the studio to pick one from the collection Nick gave me on that C-141 flight to DC with the Society of Illustrators, way back a long time ago.

So, this one will have to suffice.

Actually, I think this one is his best. I got to see the original when it hung as a Gold Medal winner at a Illustration West show, way back when. I've never been moved by art of any kind. I mean, my physical responses to the visual arts has never been to me like, maybe, music is. I've never gotten "goosebumps" from any piece of art ever. Not Picasso, Andy Warhol, Sargent, Rockwell, Fuchs, Van Gogh, Van Went, or Van Gone!

But…

This Nixon Galloway piece made me feel like I wasn't standing up straight and if I don't stand straight soon, I'm gonna fall into some abyss. I guess that's what some people call "vertigo." When I look to see how close this pilot came before pulling up and clearing the barn, it almost makes me feel like cringing and then, breathing a sigh of relief!

Anyway, thanks Nick for sharing your aviation knowledge, your talent and yourself with me and sharing all of your wonderful watercolors with the av art world.


Copyright 2014/Ben Bensen III







No comments:

Post a Comment