Monday, March 17, 2014

"Flickered"... And A Bottle Of Chardonnay!

Flickr or Flickered?

Well, I'm supposed to be sending some samples to a prospective client, and got so pissed at Flickr for changing it's format, I decided to calm down with a glass of chardonnay. I tried two more times to upload artwork to the original site and twice it sent my work, tags, description and artwork, to a new formatted Flickr site. 

I cursed them out severely, and had another glass of chardonnay. While imbibing, I decided to write them a nasty letter only to have them reject the stupid code when I tried to send it. Now, I'm furious and have another refill. Undaunted by their initial rejection, I was smart enough, even though by now, I've finished over half a bottle of wine, to have copied my email rant. I started all over again to tell them, maybe, with less vitriol, of my concerns. 

Blame my loss of passion on the wine, I guess.

I started over, again, and pasted the copy back into the description box and filled out, dutifully, I might add, all the required information. It tells me that it needs a few minutes to download my request. I returned twice to the computer to see if my comments were sent. Naturally, in the time waiting for all of this to be completed, I fixed my mom dinner, and while doing so, had another glass of chardonnay. 

I can feel a John Belushi, Weekend Update rant, coming on!

A friend sent me a picture of the real St. Patrick and I defiled it with my comments. I'm so ashamed. Sorry, 'bout that to all my friends from the Irish Channel!

On my return to the computer, twenty minutes, and a fifth glass of the lovely chardonnay I purchased on sale at Winn Dixie, later, I was informed that Yahoo suffered some sort of server error problem. Yeh, RIGHT!!!!!

Now, I really don't give a fuck, about the job, the samples, Yahoo, my mom, or anything. Let the gnomes or trolls or gremlins clean the kitchen. They can also shut down all my "effin" computers for me, too.

I did decide to leave what's left of the wine inside the bottle... for later!


Copyright 2014/ Ben Bensen III

1 comment: