Monday, January 18, 2021

"Just Another Melancholy Monday!"

Good days, good times!

Good "miserable" Monday Morning, y'all.

Not really.
It's a gorgeous morning. The contrast of the icy blue grass in the shadows against the glow of the sun is worth getting out of bed for. Admittedly, a cup of coffee, at first, helps!
Looking out our nook window passed the frozen bird bath I noticed a sapsucker hopping up our maple tree in a rather circuitous way. That's a way of recognizing them even if you cannot get a good look at them.
I started to vacuum the house when the Saints game came on. Lord knows it needs it. But, I just didn't want the season to end in the way I envisioned it. And, I envisioned it correctly.
Never mind the third game in one season jinx. They just seemed flat. The gadget play was fun but gadget plays are a definite indiction. No need for more analysis. Like all other "WhoDats" I just feel bad for Brees!
I realized that the game was gonna last well into the Radiators closing night at Tipitinas. I purchased a three day pass, so maybe I can cash in on that third night since it was all on virtual TV.
In hindsight, playing Tips without the usual raucous crowd in analogous to playing in the Superdome with only a few fans in attendance.
Still, I felt they were tired and going through the motions. Never mind their incredible musicianship. It is par excellence. I think they missed the boat by not being more engaging with the albeit virtual audience.
More about the concert later, I suppose since I fancy myself a "rock critic!"
Second "Martin Luther King Day" cup!

Copyright 2021/ Ben BensenIII

No comments:

Post a Comment