Saturday, January 30, 2021

"Puzzles and the "County Fair"...

 




Good "gray, potentially wet" Saturday Morning, y'all.

There's a song by Joe Walsh called, "County Fair." It's not one of those knock down, kick ass, get your blood moving type of songs he is known for. It's a song about puzzles that don't get finished. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvJuiaR7qZ0

I have quite a few friends that enjoy solving puzzles and do it rather successfully. I'm impressed. I am impressed because I can no longer sit that long to complete one.
Yesterday, I was posting back and forth to a friend that I've never met about someone we both knew and worked with all through the late eighties and nineties. I got into it enough to pull down my Daily Planner from those years in an attempt to ascertain times, places and names.
It was a trip to read and reminisce just like it was when I found those dainty prayer books the other day. It kinda sends you to another place, ya know? I mustah had ten books out on the table trying to sort out the pieces of my life and oh, so many others.
Puzzles...
I never did find when we last worked on a presentation but the planner's telephone directory in the back of the book no longer had his contact information under the letter "B." in 1993. Although I had the pleasure of "reeling in those years" tying one job after another smiling at all the "peripherals" I eventually gave up any further research and had to let those old pieces remain unsolved.
Gone, in a way, yet not forgotten... We do remember the good times, don't we?
Later in the evening, I found out that another high school alum had passed away. That's three gone in less than one month. In a way, those pieces will never fit. I will probably never attempt to make them fit...
First introspective cup!

Copyright 2011/ Ben Bensen III

No comments:

Post a Comment