Thursday, August 12, 2021

"Mexican Food and Art!"

 


"Thoughts Of Elizabeth"

Dropped off some of my larger paintings after picking up one up at Armbruster Artworks and visiting Gretchen. It's always a treat to catch her in the early AM when she is not so busily preparing for another class.

This morning, she was busily preparing for another class, but took the time to spend a few minutes with me.
I dropped off four of the six paintings to the Unitarian Church Extravaganza happening this weekend. In the process of helping to hang a few of pieces, I got to spend time with a host of artists I had not seen in quite some time.
On my way back to the car, I saw Emily Keller, and invited her to join me for lunch. On my way out of the car to the Mexican restaurant, Carol called to say she was hungry. So, I invited her too.
Together, we just had a good old time yapping about every subject under the sun. I learned a bit more about the woman behind the extraordinarily peculiar interpretations she creates.
I did not know that Emily was a teacher for nineteen years or so. She doesn't look that old and worn out as one would expect having to deal with our "school board!"
Eerily familiar to what my wife experienced.
It was a great day of visiting and though I probably won't make it to the show in Lacombe today, the fun will continue tomorrow, I am sure.
One of my entries to the "HOT ART in a COOL SPACE" show is entitled, "Thoughts of Elizabeth" which is an unframed 20"x30" oil painting for sale... Come by and check it out with all the other wonderful art on display this weekend.
Second cup at Giddy Up. The first cup was earlier this morning designing a fruit salad for Therese.

Copyright 2021/Ben Bensen III

No comments:

Post a Comment