Monday, April 18, 2022

“Art Is Where You Find It”


 

Good "Easter weekend" Saturday Morning, all bodies.
"You mind the garlic bulbs in your crawfish," the young server at Pat's Seafood in Covington asked.
"No, I said, not at all... Why?"
"Well, some folks don't like garlic I guess, though I suspect they think they're getting gypped!"
"You mean they think you're replacing a crawfish or two with garlic?"
"Wow, I wonder what's the weight difference between half a bulb of garlic and one or two crawfish," I said.
"I don't know. With some customers, you just never know," she replied as she served up to me a ten pound bag of cooked mudbugs.
You know, file it under, “Art Is Where You Find It” along with crafts like wine cork fleur d'lis, painted oyster shells and decorated slate tiles ...
On the way out of the seafood store, just behind the bevy of cashiers, was what I'll call, “The BeerBottleCap Crab!”
I love how the artist stayed with the cap theme and didn’t try to solve the pincers and legs of the beast with some other easier solution. Upon closer inspection, staying with the theme of bottle tops, the artist bent and twisted the caps into the shapes needed to complete the entire art with the same materials… beer bottle caps!
"Happy Good Friday, sir," she said as I departed.
"'Tis the Season, right?" I replied.
First cup!

Copyright 2022/Ben Bensen III

No comments:

Post a Comment