Sunday, June 26, 2022

"Finger Print Recognition?"

Kid Gloves?

Good Saturday Morning, all bodies.
After sloggin' through some heavy rains on the Causeway, I made to Lakeside Mall on time where Apple's Genius Bar resides. I decided to pay to have them replace the battery on my laptop. It just wasn't worth the time and effort for me to do it myself.
Alan, the Genius Bar dude, gave me the option of waiting to have the laptop serviced or to pick it up next week. I decided to wait.
In the process, I moseyed around the mall looking for something to occupy my time. The smell of cafe au lait and beignets emanating from Cafe Du Monde was inviting, but I already had breakfast. I continued past retail islands and kiosks that were just setting up.
Well, I thought, I need a pair of sunglasses. I also need to find a hat to cover my dome. You know, something stylish that I'd wear when I'm not destroying myself in the yard, but I just wasn't into the shopping scene.
I used to be when I was younger.
Anyway, I strolled aimlessly around until I saw the colorful and festive display presented by the Metairie Art Guild's Member Show. Lots of great visual vittles to sink your teeth into. I had some fun conversations about every subject under the sun including art with Guild members Connie Van Brechtel, Wayne Bernhard and another artist who I was introduced to named Glenn Ferrand.
It was a great way to spend an hour or more while waiting for my cellphone to ring. Unfortunately, I was expecting a phone call and not a text message from the Genius Bar. The laptop was ready for pickup at noon, but it wasn't until 2pm that I happen to see the text message.
Besides the long lines of men waiting at Dillard's to use the restrooms, it was a nice day of art and people watching. When I finally picked up my computer, I couldn't believe my eyes.
The gang at "the Bar" actually cleaned up the entire keyboard and monitor to the point that I almost didn't recognize my own computer. The dead bug and coffee stains, the cookie crumbs, the grubby fingerprints, tree pollen and dandruff were all wiped away clean. It was so inspiring and it got me to thinking...
Hmmmmm... I wonder if fingerprint recognition works wearing those blue surgical gloves? Well, it's a thought!
First cup!


Copyright 2022/ Ben Bensen III


 

No comments:

Post a Comment