Friday, June 17, 2022

"Generating Some Thoughts!"

An Ad I created for Honda...

 A "Throwback Thursday" Day, y'all.

Two days ago, Tee and I had breakfast with our old friends from the "Gus" days. We hadn't spent a lot of time together over the last year, but we sure made up for that with a two hour plus visit at Covington's "Fat Spoon."

Just keep pouring the coffee, ma'am!

Of the many topics of conversation was hurricanes, past, present and in the near future. It was a "Clash" of discussions, that is, "should we stay or should we go" when the next one comes.

Then, if we stay, what kind of generator will suffice besides the Generac size behemoths. Linda wanted one that was easily portable, while Therese kicked around the possibility of a Generac.

All this talk brought to mind the many magazine ads I designed and comped up for Honda. I seemed to be hired frequently when a client needed an artist to make the mundane sexy. Okay, at least, interesting. I was pretty good at that.

I actually seduced myself into thinking I needed to buy a medium size generator. It would be good to have one when we lose our electricity which seemed to be occurring more frequently. So, I bought one in '05 after Hurricane Katrina and, at first, it seemed a good idea to protect my computers from current spikes and power fluctuations.

UPS units changed all that.

Then, I only frequently incorporated the generator to power my electric drill in the outdoors. Since I replaced that drill about ten years ago with the battery charged version, I've not used the generator in about, oh, ten years!

Linda's husband, James, spent most of life as an auto mechanic. In the process of repairing all things "four wheeled", James likes to tinker with other things. And, he's damn good at it.

"Hey, James, you wanna fix my Honda generator? Or better yet, buy the damn thing? Whad'dya think?

I kinda feel it in my bones that we will be leaving town come the next storm... Ha!

First cup a brewing!

Copyright 2022/Ben Bensen III

No comments:

Post a Comment