Tuesday, December 27, 2022

"And Tee Got A Snazzy Black Gift Bag For Free!"

A Fashionable Ruana!

 Good "Twofer 2'sDay" morning, all bodies.

Let's just say that a girl friend suggested a "Ruana" for Therese for Christmas. She looked pretty nice in one she wore one cold morning a few weeks ago.
Never even heard of a Ruana... Kinda sounds like it's African safari wear.
Anyway, I found a few online that I thought would look good on Therese, but I rarely shop online. Okay, okay, this is a real long story that'll try to keep short.
Naturally, they wanna sell you other things to accommodate the look, but once I found one that I liked, I just decided to cut to the deal. I put my Ruana in the shopping basket, then notice options for delivery which come at a premium if you want it by Christmas. Then, "if you act now" we can gift wrap it for you for an additional discount price and still have it arrive in time to be put under the tree. And, if you purchase it with our credit card you can get and additional blah, blah, blah.
No, I thought once again, just let's get to the checkout.
Well, I couldn't find a way out of the shipping post in order to checkout. Frustrated with the entire process, I deleted the entire purchase and started the entire process over again, and then, over again... and over and over trying to pay for shipping and get to the checkout. When I finally did, I was buying four Ruanas at the discount price of $387.50 which included shipping and a gift wrapping.
WHA-A-A-AT?
I decided to delete the entire transaction completely and call the local store to see if they had the Ruana I was interested and at the same discounted price and for... help! And, they did!
Two days after putting the gift under the tree, I get a package at our front door, and in it is a Ruana in a beautiful gift wrapped bag. Having made sure that Therese liked the shawl, I told her the whole story about now having two Ruanas.
So, yesterday, we returned the one I purchased online to the store. I told the salesperson as best as I could about the entire process. I tried to cut it short, but I think the woman was actually intrigued with my hair raising tale. She's probably heard it all before, but not from a guy.
I opened the box and presented the Ruana still gift wrapped in snazzy black bag which, being a guy, could care less about saving the bag... but Therese did.
And, so did the salesperson who stated that I paid for it as part of the deal and that I/we should keep it.
The woman and Therese tried in vain to open the snazzy bag without recking the bag.
"I hate to cut the strap to open the bag and get the shawl out of the bag," the salesperson said.
"Well, you've got the fingernails to get whatever and wherever the knot is," I said.
Tee tried again, but no luck. Losing patience with the whole experience, I just grabbed one of the loops and pulled real hard. II figured it was like a sweatsuit pair of pants where the string tie got tangled. One more assertive pull and... voila!
Now, everyone was happy. The salesperson got a new Ruana to put on the rack, I got rid of the whole embarrassing situation, and Tee got a snazzy black gift bag for free.
Uh... Merry Christmas?

Copyright 2022/ Ben Bensen III




No comments:

Post a Comment