Friday, November 8, 2013

"Countdown To Three Rivers… Minus One!"


Paula and the Big Belgian...
Well, this is my last new painting which I just completed. I don't know if it will make the show tomorrow or not…
                                                                       http://www.threeriversartfestival.com
…but I'll be there!

I was invited to a polo event years ago and I was impressed by all the incredible horses that were paraded around the polo field about an hour before game time.

One, in particular, struck my fancy. I brought my sketchbook, but there was no time for that. So, I clicked away in the bright November sunlight. I must have taken about twenty pictures of this big Belgian, but it wasn't until about three years later, never knowing that she was the person who rode the horse that I photographed, that I befriended the woman who road this beauty.

Her name is Paula Alario and the big, bad Belgian's name is Tinkerbell. I never would, in my right mind, have guess that that was her name…

 Tinkerbell…

Look forward to seeing y'all sometime this weekend. The weather's gonna be gorgeous!

Copyright 2013/Ben Bensen III


No comments:

Post a Comment