Thursday, November 28, 2013

Now, I Ask You… Which One Would You Send?"


Which one to choose!
Hey everyone, I submitted two paintings at the New Orleans Arts Council for purchasing. Selected work will be placed on walls in the city facilities including new and existing fire stations and police stations in Orleans Parish. And, guess what? I made it to the final round of juried pieces. 

I'm "STOKED!"

My only problem, that y'all can help me with, is which of the two paintings do you think I should frame and send to the council to be judged and awarded? Most of my Facebook friends are familiar with these two paintings. Let me know which you think is the better one to send for the jury to accept. I don't need to make a final decision till next week, so there's plenty of time for me to receive your vote. I'd be really helpful to me to have y'all's opinion. 

The flowered one is 24"x48" and is entitled, "Ward's Azaleas" and is my largest plein air piece to date. It was painted in five different non-consectutive days at about five hours each session on my neighbor's property. The other one is entitled, "A Closer Walk With Thee!" and is 16"x20" and completed in the studio. It was painted from photo reference and took me about the same amount of time. Both were painted in oils on linen canvas!

New Orleans is a jazz music town, so the clarinet player is the obvious choice, but at a smaller size, even when framed, it will get swallowed up in the huge government building full of halls and walls.

The flowered one is more visible and more relaxing and sedate, if indeed, it ends up on the walls of the new police facility, that might be an important consideration. And, of course, I'd get paid more for the larger painting than the smaller.

So, as you can see, I've muddled up my own decision with too much marketing logic and I need fresher eyes, and opinions to blast me out of my own emotional stalemate.

So, what'dya think? Wanna play?



Copyright 2013/ Ben Bensen III






No comments:

Post a Comment