Wednesday, February 16, 2022

"Messin' with Mother Nature!"

I know, I know... Bad timing!

 Good Wednesday Morning, all bodies.

We've been having some incredibly beautiful weather these past couple of days and yesterday evening after Tee's painting class was cancelled, I decided to finally trim the last azalea bush for a trash pickup today.
It might be too late to expect the plant to rebound before the floral season arrives, but it is the only bush that didn't get pruned for the Christmas holidays. It is also the one bush that in the late Spring time gets frequented by our resident blue runner.
A timely pruning discourages the snake from decimating a brown thrasher's nest that, in the past three years, insists on building its residence into the bush.
I love messin' wit Mother Nature!
Last year, to the chagrin of the snake, if a snake can have chagrin, I discouraged the bird's choice of location by repeatedly visiting the progress of the nest.
I think the couple finally got the message...
First homemade CDM cup!

Copyright 2022/ Ben Bensen III

No comments:

Post a Comment